Imagine, if you will, a baby on a rug without a nappy. Imagine this baby has just learned how to roll from back to tummy, but not tummy to back just yet. Now imagine this baby hasn’t done his morning poo yet….
Yeah. You get the idea. Needless to say I’ll be doing two loads of laundry today….
Was thinking this morning about all the children of the original #Bannerman members.
Emmett & Quillan Harvey
Baby Klages (her parents didn’t want her name on the web, so I’m respecting their decision)
That’s 6. Have I missed any?
Once upon a time, while we were on our way out somewhere, Darrin & I started listing all the ways a low carb style of eating had helped us. We came up with a very long list. Here it is.
- Weight loss (the obvious one)
- Increased energy
- Cleaner teeth. Seriously, that’s one of the first things I noticed. Almost didn’t need to brush my teeth anymore.
- The warts on the bottom of my foot disappeared.
- Darrin’s tinea (athlete’s foot) reduced significantly.
- Less frequent headaches. I used to get an average of one headache a week. After low carbing for a while, I noticed I hadn’t gotten one for ages. When I was seriously doing low carb, I only got them if I had a cheat day. Which really deterred me from cheating too often.
- Fewer aches & pains
- Better sleep
- Less flatulence and/or burping
- Shorter colds and less illness in general
- Fewer cravings (again, unless I had a cheat day, then the cravings would come back)
- Clearer thinking
- Appetite suppressant. Yep, sugar makes you feel hungry; protein & fat make you feel full.
- Less acne. One of the things Darrin notices after a binge is he breaks out in pimples on his back.
- More obvious body responses. This means, basically, that some of the symptoms we were having constantly before low carb disappeared or were at least reduced after low carb, so we were able to deduce what caused them in the first place.
- Increased muscle mass (especially Darrin, because he’s a bloke)
- Less earwax. Seriously.
- Reduction in allergies/hayfever (because what we were eating before was causing it!)
So yeah, we’re kinda silly for going off it, aren’t we?
This shirt is SO cheap, SO easy to make, SO easy to feed Caleb in (especially when I have the sling on), I HAVE TO make a few more.
I just picked 14 kilograms (nearly 31 pounds) of oranges off our tree in the back yard. And that’s not even counting the probably equal amount we’ve already picked and given away.
Today as we were out driving, through a heavily Vietnamese area, I spied a shop called “Dang Pharmacy.” Yeah, those dang pharmacies are everywhere.