I have opened my very own eBay store. Please go buy things from it. Okay, so there’s not much there yet, but there will be. Eventually.
No particular reason for this post. I just decided I should probably post SOMETHING.
Internode has received our application for the speed increase, and we don’t know when it’ll happen till it happens, and all our connections drop out.
We went orienteering on Sunday at Black Hill conservation park in Athelstone. My course was 3.3 kilometres (just over 2 miles) and had a couple nasty steep sections. So today my legs hurt. You’d think a tomboy who grew up in the country with a big hill behind her house wouldn’t have a problem climbing hills….
I’m making a loaf of bread.
I thought when I first went low carb that my Achilles’ heel would be chocolate, but it’s POTATOES. Especially greasy chicken-salty chips (fries) from our favourite chicken shop. I explain this by the fact that there are several kinds of sugar free chocolate available, but as yet no low carb potatoes or potato substitute.
The IRS sent back the card that says they’ve received my tax return. Still no deposit in my bank account though.
Just heard that very soon there will be a brown sugar Splenda available, at least in the US. Probably be another 6 months to a year before I can find it here. This AFTER the company announced it wouldn’t be increasing production for a couple years due to not being able to keep up with the demand…what gives there?
There’s a little kitty sitting right in front of my screen purring her head off.
I’ve made a decision: anyone from overseas who comes to visit us (Darrin and me) will be taken to the Hog’s Breath Cafe one night. These guys have the BEST steaks of any restaurant I’ve eaten steak at.
That’s all for now.
21. Excessive media coverage of an event. This week it’s the Pope dying. Yes, it’s sad, but do we really need a THIRD of airtime devoted to him and what the Catholic church is going to do now?
22. Power outages that obliterate the possibility of recording something on the VCR while you’re out.
23. Flies and other insects buzzing around in your face just because you’ve been sweating a little.
24. Having a landlady who shows up EVERY WEEKDAY for nearly two weeks, to do whatever it is she does around the property. The point is not “Well, at least she’s not coming inside,” the point is we don’t like having people, no matter how legitimate they may be, snooping around our yard and our garbage/recycling bins.
25. Stupid TV ads. Such as the “old west” one with the cats and dogs advertising a flea medicine. It’s not clever, it’s not cute, it’s STUPID.
For the THIRD TIME in just over a month, we had a power outage that lasted over half an hour. Which was enough for all the servers to shut down AGAIN. We weren’t home when this happened so obviously didn’t catch it till we got home two hours later. We are not happy with the dodgy power companies.
Today is April Fools’ day and we can’t come up with one single joke to play on those who read this site. Well, that’s not actually true. We did have a few ideas, but they were all pretty lame, or if not lame, certain people would have believed them and been disappointed and/or upset when they found out it wasn’t true. So, for the record:
We are not pregnant.
Biscuit and Calico did not have kittens.
We did not win a new car in a lottery we didn’t enter.